Bill is a bunny

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Masked and Anonymous

I'm getting over a cold so forgive me if there are some typos ahead.

I was reading some of the comments made here previously and began wondering if I am perhaps a bit too sensitive when receiving criticism regarding my writing. "Anonymous" was a bit snarky with his or her comments and I didn't take them too well. But there is truth to them. I mean, if I don't care enough about my writing to check it why should anyone care enough to read it? By the same token, these posts are made during my lunch hour and I don't really have a great deal of time to do much proof reading. For stuff that's shot off in 30 minutes or so I would say that the quality of the writing and spelling is pretty good. But that's just my opinion. I still wish I knew who wrote those comments though. It's hard to take someone seriously when they don't sign their comments.

I've been sick the past few days and it's beginning to take its tole. I've blown my nose so much that there isn't any snot left, just water. Yuck! The kids think I'm pretty funny at least. But they can't understand why I don't take their bullshit with the usual laconic ease. Just tired and cruddy. Hopefully I'll be over this by tomorrow when I go to Shreveport (hey, "Anonymous", I didn't spell it "SHreveport". Happy?)

Chris wrote a nice piece on Nine Inch Nails for famousforfifteen.blogspot.com today so I think I'll briefly weigh in on that band and its cannon. I first heard NIN on MTV when Pretty Hate Machine first came out. I was kinda scared of them. To a Catholic School Boy this band looked and sounded like a sure fire way to go straight to hell. Years later, I rediscovered them in high school and fell head over heels. High school pretty much was hell so I wasn't as concerned about going there when I died anymore. Fond memories of huffing Glade and listening to Broken on my headphones as the world shimmered and faded in and out. Trent Reznor also created two of the greatest soundtracks of the 1990s, Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway. These two tapes were staples in my hatchback for much of the decade. Glade luckily ceased being my drug of choice long before the end of those ten years. It's amazing I survibed, I tells ya!

Well, that's all the time I have for today. Not the most interesting stuff in the world but it was there by God. And that's enough for me. Take care of yourselves, guys, because God knows I can't.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Noma said…

    Well, blogging is an odd way to combine venting, writing and exhibitionism. I'm just not sure in this format that voyeurs have a right to critique. I, too, used to be really snotty about how people spoke and wrote. After traveling the world and finding that I am more tolerant of the same slack-jawed yokel because of his English accent than I would be a similar piece of Bossier Trailer Trash, I've begun to cut the world some slack. If communication is the key, and if you can make out what someone means, then I don't worry about it. I'm not proctoring the SATs here. And I'd rather see a million misspelled words than to see them shortened to internet shorthand like "u r gr8t." Keep it up, Bunnyman. And if you want to take more time and write more professionally, have at it. If you want to vent and spill, go for it. It's YOUR blog. We're just guests in the house of your words. We don't have to keep coming back.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Brett Roman said…

    I don’t like it when people post under anonymous on my blog either. The way I see it, we are here pouring our hearts out for the world to laugh at, learn from and critique. The least that a person can do if they are going to comment it is leave a real name or some kind of handle to tell them apart.

    That’s why I have the info on the top of my blog letting people know that they can post under anonymous, but should still leave a name under their writing. Maybe your mystery reader didn’t think that it mattered and didn’t mean any harm.

    Either way, don’t let anyone discourage you from blogging how you want to, it’s therapy for you first and foremost. If you start doing it for other people or to impress other people then it would taint the spirit of your blog in my opinion.

    I hope to get out Saturday for the show, but don’t be surprised if I can’t make it, Judah Roman (my 2 year old) has legit type A flu and the little guy needs his daddy to keep his spirits up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home